The Fig Old Fashioned
Fig infused bourbon, balsamic vinegar and orange come together for a sophisticated but respectful take on a classic cocktail
For The Cocktail
- 1/2 fresh fig (substitute 1 bourbon-infused dried fig if desired)
- 1 small wedge orange
- 3/4 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 oz fig infused bourbon
For The Garnish
- 1/2 fresh fig (optional)
- 1 small wedge fresh orange
Make The Fig Old Fashioned
- Add the fresh fig and the orange wedge to the bottom of a sturdy bar glass or mason jar. Muddle until the fig and orange are thoroughly broken up.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and the fig infused bourbon to the bar glass.
- Fill the bar glass with ice and stir the cocktail well, for 10 to 20 seconds.
- Strain the drink into a chilled rocks glass.
- Add ice, garnish with half a fresh fig and a small wedge of orange, and serve immediately.
Recipe by Northwest Edible Life at https://nwedible.com/the-fig-old-fashioned/