The Drifter Cocktail
Gin and St. Germaine is lightened up with fresh cucumber. A refreshing, dangerously easy to drink cocktail
- 1-2 long, thin slices peeled from an English cucumber, for garnish.
- 1, 1-inch long section of English cucumber
- 5 to 6 leaves fresh basil
- 3/4 oz St. Germain Elderflower liqueur
- 3/4 oz freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 oz gin
- To garnish, wrap the long, thin slices of cucumber around the inside of a chilled cocktail glass. Set aside.
- Add the 1-inch long section of English cucumber and the fresh basil to the bottom of a sturdy bar glass or shaker. Muddle until the cucumber and basil are thoroughly broken up.
- Measure the St. Germain, lemon juice and gin into the shaker.
- Fill the shaker with ice and and shake the cocktail hard for 15 to 30 seconds.
- Strain the drink into the prepared cocktail glass.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe by Northwest Edible Life at https://nwedible.com/the-drifter-cucumber-and-basil-cocktail/