Thai Red Curry Salad
A Thai-influenced main-dish coleslaw with lots of flavor!
Red Curry Vinaigrette
- 1-3 tbsp red curry paste, to taste
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 pound ground beef, pork, chicken or turkey
- 1 medium green cabbage, shredded
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 bunch mint, chopped
- Make the Red Curry Vinaigrette. Combine the curry paste, fish sauce, honey, olive oil and lime juice in a large bowl. Whisk together to combine, adjust seasonings to your taste, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, fry the ground meat of your choice in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir occasionally, breaking up the meat into bite-size chunks.
- When the meat is fully cooked, transfer it the bowl with the Red Curry Vinaigrette. Stir the meat and dressing together.
- Add the shredded cabbage, cilantro and mint the the bowl with the meat. It's best if the meat is still a bit warm when the vegetables and herbs are added. Toss all the salad components together until fully combined.
- Serve right away in shallow bowls. Garnish with additional chopped herbs, peanuts, cucumber slices or lime wedges as desired.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Recipe by Northwest Edible Life at https://nwedible.com/thai-red-curry-cabbage-salad/