Cabbage and Pasta with Mustard Cream Sauce
This is a great recipe to use up leftover cooked pasta.
- 4 cups cooked pasta
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium head green cabbage, shredded
- 2 tablespoons mild whole grain mustard
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup water
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- If necessary, cook pasta and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet set over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add cabbage and cook, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is browned in places and just tender.
- Add cooked pasta, mustard, cream and water to the skillet and to incorporate mustard.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until pasta is hot through and tender and sauce has reduced to coat the pasta and cabbage.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve right away.
Recipe by Northwest Edible Life at https://nwedible.com/cabbage-and-pasta/